Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Conviction

there's been a lot of hate lately, in what I read, in what I hear, and in what I see. I sometimes sit back and wonder how can someone be so content with the way things are in their life, that the only thing they settle for to fight back at it is to hate everything that makes them hate. A lot of people around me up here in Boston, not particularly on the campus, but some are included as well, have had this mentality lately. When I look at this sort of atmosphere, it makes me wonder a couple things. 1, am I not living with enough joy for what Christ has done in my own life, that they do not see it and want the same thing. 2, have I become so numb to this type of people that I choose to not do anything about, accept it and move on, or 3, is it meant this way. Well it cannot be option 3 because we know from Scripture that, that idea is completely false. based on

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

Option 2 could be a factor, but I highly doubt it, because I am obviously noticing this past week, and I am already saying something about. So it has to be option 1, and option 1 is basically the book of Ephesians (impossible). Just like we will never reach the full armor of God, like in Ephesians, we will never be living such a well life with Christ that we do not need to anymore, and when you search for Him you find Him. Searching for Him does not mean, praying to Him....how would you like it if, a friend you knew called you every morning to say hi, ask for things they needed, not necessarily wanted that would only benefit them, and then hung up before you could respond. yea...that type of relationship with the one who took His own breathe, placed dirt into His hand gave you life, and sacrificed His son for you does not deserve the lack of effort you show towards Him. Maybe if you actually placed Him first in your life, there would be joy? Did you ever sit back and think..."hmm maybe I do suck? It isnt the things around me that suck, it just that I suck so bad as a human, that everything else seems to suck too." If that were me, I would want to do something about it, maybe like rely on a loving savior who gives new life, and can satisfy all needs.

I love you Lord.

This Is Where IT Ends...

Alex Vee

No comments: