Friday, December 05, 2008

This Is What I Live For, It's Why I'm Alive!


This is Jack and Thomas. They are the boys I watch. It is crazy to think that, at this point in their life and mine, I am responsible for their upbringing. Yea they have parents, but I am with them for 5-7 hours everyday. I help them make the decisions, I filter bad words away from them, I protect them, feed them, drive them places, play games with them, teach them different techniques, and I even get to teach them about Christ.

This Job has really made me appreciate parents. Especially my parents. My mother and father pray for my brother and I
EVERY DAY since we have been born. Not every one has that. When I was sitting around reading with Thomas through the book of Joshua, I could feel in my heart what it would be like, to be a father sitting with his son, teaching him scripture,

"training up a child in the way he should go, so that when he is older, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

Recently life has really been hitting me in the face, financially, spiritually, in my friendships, my relationship with my family, and my relationship with Amber. I struggle to not be complacent. The amount of effort it requires for me to do what I know is right, could power the entire city of Las Vegas. I naturally like to do what I want, when I want, at whatever time I want. Sadly mistaken, and to my surprise...that is not how life works. Galatians 5:19-21 talks about the work
s of the flesh, and the fruit of the Spirit. There is a BIG reason why Paul pluralized "works" and made the fruit of the Spirit singular. For us to act like idiots, we can do all kinds of things. There are many paths that lead to our fleshly desires. But to walk with the Spirit, it requires, yes, several attributes but without one you cannot have another. Where the works of the flesh are singular in form, and multiple with direction - the fruit of the Spirit are multiple in form and singular in direction. Christ is the only direction for someone to walk by themselves as a mature believer. All the attributes discussed in Galatians 5:19-21 about the fruit of the Spirit, are all Christ-like characteristics.

If I ever want to have a healthy marriage, a healthy financial life, healthy friendships, healthy communication with my family, and be the best God-filled father I can be to my future children, I better start sprinting in a singular direction...

This Is Where IT Ends...

Alex Vee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Thats all I'm going to say! :)

terrorismypride said...

sprinting in the right direction.

thats well said.